- Call around for mover quotes. Make sure they're properly insured and establish exactly what they're going to be doing. We can recommend reputable, local firms, if you'd like.
- Order your packing materials. Remember, we have all you need, and our prices can't be beat!
- Start packing any non-essential items, like out of season clothing, together with your best china, glassware, and ornaments. Mark your boxes clearly.
- Clear out the attic. Pack as many items as you can from your garage and/or shed.
- Let everyone know that you're changing addresses.
- Arrange to have mail re-directed. This needs to be done at least 2 weeks in advance, according to the USPS.
- Keep all correspondence from your Real Estate Agent, and the moving company you choose.
- Contact your insurance company to arrange transfer of your home and contents insurance on the move day.
I'm moving out of my house - why should I store with ABC, when I can use a friend's garage or attic?
If you're selling your home, you certainly know by now that clearing out your possessions will make it less cluttered, and more attractive to buyers. And even friends can't give you the peace of mind and access advantage that ABC can! If you need a little more room, we've got you covered. With access 365 days, clean, open, well-lit driveways, and video cameras throughout the property, you can't go wrong with ABC.
I'm moving out of my house - any tips?